Department of Medical Surgical Nursing believes in running the classroom knowledge and clinical practice in tandem. scientific principles in all nursing procedures to promote quality patient care. We strongly believe in augmenting the practical experience with the best use of skills lab, simulation lab and clinical exposure through evidence-based practice.
- provide efficient nursing care to the patient and family in the acute, sub-acute and chronic phases of illness through the application of the nursing process.
- amalgamate the principles of rehabilitation at each stage of illness.
- To keep abreast with the latest advancements in the field of medical–surgical nursing.
- To promote evidence-based nursing practice through research activities in the field of medical–surgical nursing.
- To render comprehensive, promotive, preventive curative and rehabilitative services in order to meet the health care needs of the individuals and families.
- To conducting public health research and community welfare programmes.
- To provide basic, essential primary health care services.
- To provide screening services to detect HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, cancer cervix, hypertension and diabetes mellitus.
- To give health education services for all age groups on various health related matters. To conduct periodical surveys to identify the magnitude of health problems and to plan, execute and evaluate the health care programmes
We, the Faculty of the Department of Child Health Nursing, prepare students to build expertise and in-depth understanding in the field of Paediatric Nursing. The department’s goal is to train students in the notion of children’s growth and development, as well as the differences in care between children and adults. The department actively participates in teaching students to care for sick neonates and children, as well as conduct research in the field of child health nursing. A well-equipped air-conditioned laboratory with models, mannequins, instruments, and audio-visual aids facilitates the teaching-learning process. Simulation lab and LMS module learning acts as a devastating blow for the Nursing students in the clinical settings.
- To enhance understanding on growth and development of children, child psychology and modem trends and concepts in the child care.
- To demonstrate the ability to make appropriate judgment/ decisions to solve problems related to the care of children and their families.
- To participate in the preventive and curative aspects of Nursing care for the minor and major childhood diseases and disorders.
- To prepare Paediatric Postgraduate nurses occupy nurse manager / nurse clinician, nurse researcher in the clinical area / college and undergraduates as nurse consultant to work in the neonatal intensive care unit or in the paediatric intensive care unit or in general Paediatrics.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing prepares nursing students to render competency-based quality care in various Obstetrics and Gynaecological settings as per the legal and ethical aspects. The department provides nursing students with the specialized knowledge and skill imbibed with appropriate attitudes to facilitate them to excel in various expanded and extended nursing roles. The OBG Nursing department focuses on delivering evidence-based, high-quality women-centric care by training skilled professionals.
- Provide Competency based quality education to the students in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing.
- Prepare competent health professionals for providing comprehensive, evidence-based maternal and child care.
- Utilize innovative education methodologies like Simulation-Based Education which provide students the opportunity to practice nursing skills and procedures in realistic, immersive, and risk-free environment.
- Conduct and facilitate research for improving Maternal and Child Health
- To explain the basic principles and concepts of psychiatric nursing
- To explain mental health services to the hospital / community
- To keep abreast with latest advancement in the field of psychiatric nursing through participation in workshop and conferences.
- To conduct research studies in the field of psychiatric nursing to increase the knowledge.
- To apply the legal and ethical principles in psychiatric nursing.