Dept. of Psychiatric (Mental Health) Nursing
- We believe the care of psychiatric patients based on the principles of mental hygiene.
- We accept the periodical reflection on the changes of psychiatric care which is essential for holistic nursing approach.
- We believe that increasing knowledge along with attitude on the biological basis are essential to know the mental illness.
- We are concurrence of the definition laid down by W.H.O on mental health for illness and to energize them during execution of nursing care.
- To explain the basic principles and concepts of psychiatric nursing
- To explain mental health services to the hospital / community
- To keep abreast with latest advancement in the filed of psychiatric nursing through participation in workshop and conferences.
- To conduct research studies in the field of psychiatric nursing to increase the knowledge.
- To apply the legal and ethical principles in psychiatric nursing.