COMMUNICATION & EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY
Educational technology is a wide field. Therefore, one can find many definitions, some of which are conflicting. Educational technology can be considered either as a design science or as a collection of different research interests addressing fundamental issues of learning, teaching and social organization. Educational technology is the study and ethical practice of facilitating learning and improving performance by creating, using, and managing appropriate technological processes and resources. As a field, educational technology emphasizes communication skills and approaches to teaching and learning through the judicious use and integration of diverse media. Scholars in the field examine the uses of innovative media and technologies for education, examining all aspects from direct student learning to management and impacts on institutions. As in all forms of applied technology, the field studies how theoretical knowledge and scientific principles can be applied to problems that arise in a social context. Information and communication technologies (ICTs) used in the health sector have well-known advantages. They can promote patient-centered healthcare, improve quality of care, and educate health professionals and patients. … The use of ICTs by nurses can have impacts in their practice.
Communication & educational technology is essential to prepare nurses to improve the teaching and learning process in India. It prepares nurses for leadership position in nursing and health fields who can function as nurse specialists, consultants, educators, administrators and researchers in a wide variety of professional settings in meeting the National priorities and the changing needs of the society.
At the end of the course, the students will able to:
- Describe the communication process
- Identify techniques of effective communication
- Establish effective inter- personal relations the patients, families & coworkers.
- Develop effective human relations in context of nursing
- Develop basic skills of counseling and guidance
- Describe the philosophy & principles of education.
- Explain the teaching learning process
- Demonstrate teaching skill using various teaching methods in clinical, classroom and community settings.
- Prepare and use different types of educational media effectively
- Prepare different types of questions for assessment of knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Teaching individuals, group and communities about health with their active participation.
Duration : 1 years
Medium of Instruction and Examination : English
Eligibility Criteria for Admission:
Eligibility for Admission:
- Educational requirement: is the passing of Higher Secondary school certificate examination (12 years course) with science or senior school certificate examination (10+2), pre degree examination (10+2)
Any other exam equivalent to 12 years schooling from a recognized board or university with science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English with minimum of 45% aggregate marks (PCBE)
- Age 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of the admission.
- Students shall be physically and mentally fit.
- Possess good moral character as certified by principal of the institute college last attended.
- Medium of Instruction : English
- Eligibility for Appearing in the Examination:
(i) A candidate must have minimum of 80% attendance (irrespective of the kind of absence) in theory and practical of the each subject for appearing for examination.
(ii) A candidate must have 100% attendance in each of the practical areas before award of degree.
- Nurse educators
- Policy maker
Each student should:
- Conduct five planned teaching using different method and media.
- Prepare different types of teaching aids
- Plan, organize and conduct inservice education programme.
- Conduct at least one counselling session.
- Prepare rotation plans.
TEACHING AND CLINICAL HOURS
Total hours of instructions is Theory 90hrs.
Method of Teaching
- Lecture cum discussion
- Demonstration/return demonstration
- Project work
- Field visits
Method of Evaluation
- Project work
- Written assignments
Test- (2 test) 50
Seminar/ presentation 25
Practical- Internal assessment
Learning resource material 25
Practice teaching 50
Conduct workshop/short term course 25
Practice teaching-1 50
Preparation/use of learning resource material 25
Construction of tests/ rotation plan 25